Compensation: DOE, Competitive
All The Best Pet Care is seeking a part-time or full-time Bookkeeper, the hours are flexible. The work location for this position is in our business office on Holman Road NW in Seattle.
We are a local, family-owned retail chain with fourteen stores in Seattle and the Eastside. We offer the finest in natural pet foods, supplements, treats, toys and accessories for dogs and cats. Today, each All The Best Pet Care store is a neighborhood gathering place where pets are celebrated and customers are introduced to a progressive nutritional philosophy.
We are looking for an experienced accounting professional who is well-organized, and a team player with a high level of work integrity and ethical standards. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with focused attention to detail, a dedication to A+ work, supervisory experience, flexibility and a desire to learn and take on new assignments.
This position is responsible for performing or overseeing a wide variety of accounting duties resulting in the consistent day to day recording of financial transactions in a growing, multiple location retail enterprise. The fundamental role of this position is providing support for business and store operations by supplying periodical and correct financial reports to management, analytical data for decision making upon request, participating in developing goals, objectives and implementing systems.
Essential job functions include:
- Process bi-weekly payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees and other related tasks
- Monitor and distributing end of year employee forms
- Annual 1099 preparation
- Calculate and file monthly and quarterly state and local tax reports.
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements
- Produce/supervise Monthly/quarterly vendor invoicing
- Oversee accounts payable and daily sales entries
- Provide stores and company with excel spreadsheet reports for management and analytical purposes.
- Generate P&L Report and balance sheet free of material errors
- Maintain all financial records in an organized manner with fast, easy retrieval of documents a primary goal and simple, effective archiving a secondary goal
- Assign duties and oversee two individuals on bookkeeping staff
- Monitor and give feedback on all work performed within this functional area
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of bookkeeping, accounting and business administration practices
- Extensive QuickBooks or other accounting software knowledge
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel and other MS Office Suite programs
- Demonstrable knowledge of WA State and Local taxation related to retail businesses.
- Must maintain confidentiality of company information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in collaboration with others
- Ability to work independently on projects
- Ability to plan and prioritize work flow
- Excellent accuracy and follow through on all assignments
Desired Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Accounting education preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Five (5) + years’ experience in high volume accounting and/or bookkeeping environment, exceeding 5,000 transactions per month
- Conversant with all aspects of payroll processing, especially higher employee counts (100+ employees)
- CPA office experience would be helpful
- Retail experience would be helpful
Physical Capacity and Work Environment
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. occasionally, without strain
- Able to sit for several hours at a time
- Able to hear and speak clearly
- Work is performed in office environment
- Office attire and professional behavior required
- Office is fragrance free.
The job responsibilities listed are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
This is a Monday — Friday position and can be full or part-time.
We enjoy a fragrance free work environment.
We offer competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision insurance benefits, Simple IRA with company match, paid time off, free ORCA card, and employee discount.
If you want to be considered for this position, please submit a completed application. You can download and complete an application (you will need Adobe Acrobat to use this form, it’s free to download!) and email it to email@example.com. You can also pick up and submit an application at any of our 14 current locations. Any resume that is received without an application will not be considered. Please visit one or more of our stores prior to applying in order to become familiar with the customer experience and the products that we offer.
To apply for this job please visit www.allthebestpetcare.com.